Tuesday 26 April 2011

Yiruma's Music

I Ru-ma is a pianoist and composer from South Korea, well renown for his stage name, Yiruma, meaning "accomplishment".

I've been listening to his 2001 album 'First Love' and it just amazes me how he has the ability to capture the power of love through his songs.


Yiruma said "If I was part of the general public, I myself would want to listen to calm and simple music, not something that is too complicating. I don’t think I would of chose those kind of music to listen to myself. When I write my music I always think about creating pieces that the public can easily listen and relate to as well as pieces that anyone can easily play themselves."

I'm currently learning 'River Flows in You' which is a beautiful piece. I suspect it'll take me a while to get to the speed Yurima is playing at since I've never had proper piano lessons before. Fingers crossed I can play this piece fluently.

Yiruma - River Flows in You

No comments:

Post a Comment